Summary of Special Features
Common overhaul kit for all rollers (bearings, seals and retainers are the same).
- One bearing kit (with the same components) for all Competition Rollers.
- Customized sealed ball bearings that last without the need for re-greasing.
- Bearings are completely filled with highest quality EP (extreme pressure) rated grease.
- Stainless bearings available for special situations.
- Special flush mount grease fittings are available to add (if you want to re-grease the bearings).
- Adding grease fitting does not require frequent, regular regreasing.
Competition Rollers are heavy-duty, thick wall precision steel rollers.
- All polyurethane covered rollers are made with 1.75" OD, thick wall, precision DOM steel tubing.
- Machining tolerances are within .0002" for all bearing surfaces and features.
- All production processes are supervised by skilled managers with over 27 years of experience.
- Inspection of all components occurs four times prior to shipping.
- High precision ensures lasting quality of all components and ease of rebuilding.
Full length shafts (increases integrity of the roller with less stress on body and bearings).
Polyurethane body material with features as follows:
- Extreme performance elastomer that continues to cure and increase physical properties for years.
- Is precision cast (not a thin layer spray-on) over a heavy duty steel roller body.
- Is extremely abrasion resistant (very tough).
- Will far outlast any metallic material in abrasive conditions.
- Polyurethane rollers will not dent, swell or fray like plastic materials.
- Will not damage concrete or asphalt paths or curbs from contact.
- Is silent running on all surfaces.
- Is very shock absorbing and impact resistant.
- Diminishes effects of impact and shudder to the mower-reducing wear on joints & components.
- Will help diminish fatigue and physical wear on mower operators.
- Has memory rebound and returns to its original shape.
- Is a “live” material and shakes debris from the surface in dynamic rolling.
- Has no micro-pore structure (liquids have no place to cling-resists adsorption).
- Resists debris buildup (superior to any metallic materials).
- Diminishes transmigration of harmful elements such as disease or fungus.
- Absorption of heat or cold is minimal.
- Does not transmit heat or cold.
- Will not stress your turf in hot or cold conditions. Will not develop frost buildup.
Grooved design features no parallel sides within the groove channels.
- Prevents hard debris from lodging in the grooves.
- Provides more consistent, finer cutting.
Grooved design has large soft radius groove crests and corners for gentle turf contact.
- Minimizes surface area contact and rides closer to soil.
- Ensures less floating and less compaction of the turf.
- Ensures more consistent cut appearance.
- Provides easier steering of the mower.
- Is non-aggressive and less stressful on turf.
- Allows for more grass to be cut on initial pass - saving time.